Honors & Awards
Certificates, Awards, and Honors
Certificate for Excellence in Academic Achievement
This certificate is awarded to students in the top 25% of the class who maintained a cumulative GPA greater than 3.75 in the first six semesters and were never placed on academic probation at the programmatic or university level.
- 2019 — Breann Kinsey, Roseanna Pauli, Nicola Juri, Jennifer Dang, Lorissa Lorenzo-Trujillo, Lyndsay Garner, Blake Beck, Pooja Kachhia, Jack Jones III, Jordan Jepson, Kirsten Shimizu
- 2020 — Emily Scroggs, Chelsea Payne, Donald Vertrees, Emily Smith, Nicole Briggs, Angela Stroman, Brandon Wong, Jessi Riel, Cayla Clark, Megan Culberson
- 2021 — Elizabeth Kepley, Jena McCall, Joshua Murrett, Sarah Riesinger, Victoria Hobel, Emily Chalfant, Megan McManigal, Courtney Grayson, Christine Sung, Katrina Pfannenstiel
Certificate for Best Overall Capstone Project
This certificate is awarded to the student who was voted on by the faculty as having the best overall Capstone Project.
- 2019 — Alison Dutton, “The Consequences of Adverse Childhood Experiences on Health and Implications for the Future.”
- 2020 — Leslie Hohenbrink, “The Provider’s Approach to Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy.”
- 2021 — Megan McManigal, “Is the Complementary Alternative Medicine, Mucuna Pruriens, an Admissible Contender in the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease?”
Certificate for Best Capstone Oral Presentation
This certificate is awarded to the student who was voted on by the faculty as giving the best Capstone Presentation.
- 2019 — Jack Jones III, “Pre-exposure prophylaxis as a prevention strategy for HIV seroconversion in the men who have sex with men population with comparison of its effectiveness in other at-risk groups”
- 2020 — Josephine Appeng, “Human Trafficking in Healthcare and the Efforts to Identify and Rescue”
- 2021 — Lauren Bennett, “A New Paradigm for Antimicrobial Therapy”
Award for Exceptional Leadership
This award is presented to a student in recognition of their demonstrated ability throughout their PA student experience to lead. Exceptional leadership is characterized by significance, effectiveness, innovation, and inclusiveness.
- 2019 — Nicola Juri
- 2020 — Jordan Hernandez
- 2021 — James Grant Fahey
Spirit of Pacific Award
This award recognizes a student who has, throughout the program, embodied the Program’s mission and values by demonstrating their commitment to treating others with respect and dignity, commitment to community, compassion through service, integrity and character, strong leadership skills, and excellence in academic achievement.
- 2019 — R. Todd Budenz
- 2020 — Chelsea Payne
- 2021 — Victoria Maynard
Clinical Excellence Award
This award recognizes a graduating PA student who demonstrated clinical excellence during clinical rotations.
- 2019 — Lyndsay Garner
- 2020 — Jill Nowicki
- 2021 — Zachary Reese
Award for Resilience
This award recognizes a deserving student who overcame significant obstacles during their student experience, demonstrating resilience and strength of character through intentional perseverance.
- 2019 — Marissa Cadena
- 2020 — Jamie Romero
- 2021 — Jose Barros
Preceptor of the Year Award
This award recognizes a preceptor for their significant contributions in clinical education during clinical rotations. Students nominate and vote for this award.
- 2018 - 2019 — Robert Ginther, PA-C, Modern Urgent Care
- 2019 - 2020 — Matthew Kurowski, PA-C, Kaiser Roseville – General Surgery
- 2021 - 2021 — Naoki Miyakawa, PA-C, Kaiser Modesto
Inductees to The Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi
- 2019 — Jennifer Dang, Nicola Juri, Breann Kinsey, Roseanna Pauli
- 2020 — Cayla Clark, Jessie Riel, Emily Clyma, Chelsea Payne, Emily Smith, Angela Stroman and Brandon Wong
- 2021 — Katrina Pfannenstiel, Elizabeth Kepley, Joshua Murrett, Sarah Riesinger
Inductees to Pi Alpha — The National Honor Society for Physician Assistants
- 2019 — Blake Beck, Amanda Diep, Alison Dutton, Nicola Juri, Makenzie Saxe, Liane Tongol
- 2020 — Emily Clyma, Megan Culberson, Donald Vertrees, Chelsea Payne, Angela Stroman, Brandon Wong
- 2021 — Michael Benaron, Kendall Daasnes, Courtney Grayson, Jena McCall, Zachary Reese, Kristin Woodworth
- Faculty — Tracey DelNero, PA-C, Jed Grant, PA-C, Jessica Garner, PA-C, Jacie Touart, PA-C, Curtis Fowler, PA-C
Alumni of the Year Award
This award recognizes a graduate of the MPAS program at the University of the Pacific for their significant contributions to the PA Program and the PA profession.
- 2020 — Makenzie Saxe, PA-C, Class of '19
- 2021 — Nicola Juri, PA-C, Class of '19